Enersol Takes Control of Gordon Technologies in $270 Million Deal

ADNOC Drilling Company and Alpha Dhabi Holding, a strategic investment firm, announced a significant development for their joint venture, Enersol RSC LTD. Enersol has agreed to acquire an additional 42. 206% stake in Gordon Technologies LLC, a US-based leader in oil and gas measurement and drilling technology. This acquisition elevates Enersol to the position of majority shareholder in Gordon Technologies.

The deal, valued at approximately $270 million, builds upon Enersol's initial 25% stake purchase in Gordon Technologies, which was announced in January 2024. The investment underscores Enersol's commitment to fostering technological advancements in the oil and gas sector, aligning with the UAE's broader energy security goals.

According to the agreement, roughly 80% of the consideration for the additional stake will be paid upfront, with the remaining 20% contingent on performance and spread over the next two years. The transaction's finalization is subject to customary regulatory approvals and closing adjustments.

This move signifies a strategic shift for Enersol and its parent companies. ADNOC Drilling, a leading oilfield services provider, and Alpha Dhabi Holding, an investment powerhouse, are leveraging Enersol as a platform to secure a foothold in the promising arena of advanced drilling technologies.

Gordon Technologies' expertise in measurement-while-drilling (MWD) and logging-while-drilling (LWD) technologies is a major draw for Enersol. These technologies provide real-time downhole data, enabling operators to optimize drilling efficiency and make crucial decisions throughout the well construction process.

Enersol's investment will also propel Gordon Technologies' expansion plans. The US company has already established a presence in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With the backing of Enersol, Gordon Technologies aims to commence field operations across the MENA region by the second quarter of 2024. This strategic location positions Gordon Technologies to capitalize on the burgeoning oil and gas market in the Middle East and North Africa.

Analysts suggest that Enersol's acquisition of Gordon Technologies is likely the first of many for the joint venture. The agreement establishes a precedent for Enersol to pursue further investments and acquisitions in the oilfield services sector, with a particular focus on technology-driven solutions. This strategic direction aligns with the UAE's ambitions to position itself as a global hub for innovation in the energy sector.

Previous Article Next Article