Gulf's Largest Battery Plant Powers Up in Ras Al Khaimah

Sheik Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, the ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, officially opened the largest battery factory in the Gulf region on Saturday. The Eternity Technologies FZ LLC plant, situated within the Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority (Rakia) Industrial Park at Al Jazeera Al Hamra, represents a significant milestone for the emirate's industrial sector.

The Dh200 million facility, owned by the UAE-based Al Dobowi Group, is designed to manufacture motive power batteries specifically for electric vehicles used in industrial settings. These batteries will cater to a range of machines, including forklift trucks, industrial cleaning equipment, access platforms, and personnel transporters.

Eternity Technologies boasts an impressive annual production capacity of one million two-volt cells. The company anticipates exporting a significant portion of its output, targeting 85% to reach global markets in the US, Europe, and Asia. The remaining 15% will cater to the domestic needs of the Gulf countries.

Sheik Saud expressed his enthusiasm during the inauguration ceremony, highlighting the significance of the plant for Ras Al Khaimah's industrial development. He commended Eternity Technologies for incorporating cutting-edge research and development technologies into their operations.

The ruler further emphasized the UAE's strategic location as a gateway to a vast market exceeding two billion people. This positioning, according to Sheik Saud, offers a compelling advantage for companies seeking to establish a base in the region.

M. K. Lokesh, the Indian Ambassador to the UAE, was among the dignitaries present at the inauguration ceremony. The event marked a significant step forward for the UAE's commitment to industrial diversification and its ambitions to position itself as a leader in the clean energy sector.

Eternity Technologies' new facility is expected to create significant job opportunities within Ras Al Khaimah. The company aims to leverage the emirate's well-developed infrastructure and investment-friendly environment to establish itself as a prominent player in the global battery production landscape.

The opening of the Gulf's largest battery factory is a testament to the growing demand for sustainable energy solutions in the region. As countries across the Middle East strive to reduce their dependence on fossil fuels, Eternity Technologies' production capabilities are poised to play a vital role in supporting the transition towards a greener future.

Previous Article Next Article